Students who attend an Italian course at One World end up falling in love with Sardinia. This is because they spend their free time exploring the island, thanks to the many activities offered by the school. When you come to study with us you can also choose which Sardinia you would like to experience, according to your tastes, your budget and your needs. Whether you want to ride the waves with a surfboard, sunbathe on a picture postcard beach or explore inland villages lost in time, Sardinia will not disappoint you. Here below we name just a few of the many opportunities that One World offers for your free time:
- Excursions and explorations. At regular intervals we organise trips to the most beautiful places of southern Sardinia; The archaeological sites of Nora and Barumini, the Sulcis mines or the historic areas of Cagliari. All of our students can take part in a free tour of the old and charming Castello district of Cagliari: an unmissable opportunity to find out about the history of the city.
- The sea, naturally. Sardinia is often called the Caribbean of Europe, due to its crystal clear waters and its incredible natural scenery. We will show you that it is all true and for this reason, we organise day trips to some of the most beautiful beaches in the area, such as Chia or Villasimius.
- Sport, of all kinds and for all tastes. For those who love sports, Sardinia is a paradise. Land rich in nature and breathtaking scenery offers possibilities ranging from trekking to sailing and canoeing excursions. The favourable wind conditions in the Gulf of Cagliari facilitate the practice of numerous water sports such as surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.
- Wellness and relaxation. Want something more relaxing but equally unforgettable and maybe even romantic? We recommend horseback excursions, preferably on the beach and at sunset. To relax even more, you can also pamper yourself at one of the many spas or wellness centres and choose from a wide range of regenerating programmes.
- Village fairs and festivals: the real Sardinia. Sardinia is made up of so many small villages, each of which has its own history, its strong identity told through traditional events and festivals. Geographic isolation has certainly contributed to maintaining ancient, sometimes archaic and mysterious traditions. The charming carnivals of the hinterland will take you into a world of primitive masks, which celebrate man and nature. The Sa Sartiglia festival is full of colourful characters who will make you feel as if you are in a scene from a film, while Sundays in the woods and mountain villages during the “Autunno in Barbagia” event will allow you to step back in time when life was more tranquil.
- Culinary experiences. Italy is also about the pleasure of discovering all the nuances hidden behind its wines and its local produce. You will visit wine cellars that offer superb wine-tasting events, numerous farmhouses where you can enjoy Sardinian gastronomic specialties or the many cheese factories in the area, where you will be accompanied and guided by our school staff. For a more adventurous experience, you can also try ichthyo-tourism. What is this? Go out on a boat, fish and then eat what you caught! Also for those who love the practical side of things, there is the possibility of following a course of Sardinian cooking, in which the main ingredients of the most famous island dishes will be explained, along with the techniques and methods of preparation and cooking. When you return home you will be able to surprise your guests with unforgettable dinners!
- Events in the city. An up-to-date calendar on Cagliari events will mean you won't miss any activity of interest to you. In the city, there is something for every taste: concerts, festivals, movies, book presentations, exhibitions, sports events and much more.
We will give you all the information you need to fully immerse yourself in the Sardinian lifestyle, making your Italian course with us a unique experience.